Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Christmas Eye Candy

Just in case you haven't decorated for Christmas yet, I'm posting some inspiring Christmas photos to get you started.


I think it is a good idea to have the two trees flanking the fireplace, but I'm not thrilled about the random branches stenciled on the fireplace wall. I love the green and brown color combination, though.

I like the striped ribbon used to hang the wreath in this photo. The boughs of greenery on the buffet/cupboard is simple yet beautiful.

I used this idea from Cottage Living. I already had the silver punchbowl filled with moss. I just added some glass ornaments to make it Christmas-y.

I love the blue and brown packages under this tinsel tree.

photo - Domino

This is a super easy decorating idea. I used my tangled up bead garlands in a similar way - soooo much easier than trying to untangle them.

See.....
The pinecones are a nice alternative to greenery or poinsettias.

photo - Cottage Living

This is really pretty. Notice the magnolia leaves in the urns surrounding the balls of lights and the candles grouped on the porch. I bet it is really pretty at night, too.

photo - Cottage Living

I love this chandelier. See how they covered the "candles" with gold and hung little votives for the boughs of pine. Pretty, pretty, pretty!
I love pink and green for Christmas. I also like the plain wreathes in the windows.

More from the same Country Home house. The tree doesn't have to be huge to be beautiful!

The next few photos are just beautiful - decorated for the holidays or not. I like the light blue color highlighting the backs of the bookcases.

They did it again in the china pantry. Check out the leaded glass window above the doors. Aaah.

I love the look of the old shutters. These were so popular back in the 70's. Painted white and highlighted with gorgeous fabric, they are perfect for this room.


Merry Christmas, again.

No comments: