Friday, November 21, 2008

eBay Friday 3

There is nothing cohesive about this eBay Friday post. I just started searching for one thing and it lead to the next thing. I think that is how you find the best things.

1. I know it's been around the block a few times, but I still love red coral. This piece is antique red coral and has a tree frog carving detail. I would like a huge bowl filled with these beautiful little carvings.



2. I love these vintage lucite tables. They can go anywhere for a touch of modern.





3. I loooooove these antique sconces...damn this economy!

4. This vintage chalkware lamp is cool.

This pair of lamps is better. It looks like the left one needs a little repair. I like the orange-y, red color.

5. I was looking through the new Nordstrom catalog and noticed a piece of Miriam Haskell jewelry. I searched eBay out of curiosity and learned that Miriam Haskell has been around a while and has created gorgeous vintage costume jewelry over the years.
Most of the vintage pieces are very affordable. I can see this vintage lariat necklace paired with jeans and a billow-y, low cut top.

This Miriam Haskell vintage necklace and bracelet are Egyptian inspired. Aren't they beautiful? What a great thing to start collecting!


6. Since I have been decorating for Christmas this week, I searched vintage elves. I have always liked these. I don't know why. Stay tuned to see my little elf tree. It is soooooo cute.

I collect vintage Annalee figures. They go well with the elves. Annalee has been around forever and are still producing.

Merry Christmas!

3 comments:

Viera said...

Thank you so much for your lovely message on my blog. I hope bad storms are gone and we can finish clean up.

I love your blog and your great ebay finds. So inspirational!
Have a great weekend XXX
V

Miss B. Havior said...

I just love Ebay Friday, even if I don't get to read it till Monday! The genie lamps are like a childhood dream......but more importantly ELVES! I have been collecting elves since, are you ready for this????
1975!I believe I have over 500 of those critters! Can't wait to see your tree!

My Decor Style said...

Miss B. Havior - I can't believe you have so many elves! Aren't they cool!? They are fun to hunt for, too. I'll post pictures as soon as I get a chance. Going to ELC today on field trip...ugh...would rather be searching for more elves. Hahaha.

Nancy