Saturday, November 22, 2008

Festival of Trees

Last weekend I went to the Festival of Trees which is a local fundraiser for the Riverside Children's Theatre in Vero Beach. There were hundreds of trees, gingerbread houses, and wreaths on display. All of them were offered at auction to raise money for the theatre.

I didn't have my good camera, so the photos of the trees do not do them justice, but you still might pick up a decorating idea or two for your own tree. This one received "1st Place".

This tree was decorated in a Willy Wonka theme. It would be cute in a play room.

We used to make the spiced orange decorations with my grandmother which is why I photographed this one.

The Nativity scene was hand made.

Now for my favorite part, the gingerbread town...look how they used upside down ice cream cones for the castle turrets.
The little Methodist church is sooooo cute.
Look at the "stained glass" windows...
Another tiny church...

What an easy project for kids...paint styrofoam green, glue on candy...all done!


This really looks like our local Garden Club building.

This castle was great. I don't know what it ended up selling for, but I am sure it was over a thousand dollars.

WOW!!!

I'm hungry.

No comments: